Monday, October 02, 2006

FlickrCC

FlickrCC is a great hack by Peter Shanks using the Flickr API to search and retrieve images from Flickr that are covered by Creative Commons. Just a couple of weeks ago I really needed something like this for a class project where I was applying some apothegms on top of images for a presentation. Because it was so time consuming/clunky to search Flickr itself for CC images I ended up just using pictures that weren't covered by an open license and hiding them behind a private label. Disappointing, because it ended up being a good slide show to walk through an interesting article that I would have loved to have made public. I'm so enamored by Flickr for education that I'm hoping to aggregate more hacks and tips on how to use it in educational settings. Think of this as the first tip.

No comments: